CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The last few weeks!


This is my new nephew. Isnt he adorable? They got to come in about two weeks ago and spend some time with me and he is sooooo cute. He would play on our airbed and rool off and still just as happy as could be about it. I love this child and his mommy very much.


This is a wonderful picture of a guy at a birthday party doing a "hog dive". Can anyone say "REDNECK"? We had a really good time and then i spotted some of this stuff going on so like the dork that I am I went diving for the camera. I just wonder what this guy would think if he saw this. I would guess he would be thankful noone could prove it was him. Ironically this was not the only "silly" diving board tricks I saw. We did have a good time.

This was the end result when you take a bunch of small children blackberry picking. My friend and her beautiful family just came to Tennessee. Never in a million years had she planned on spending a day like this but now that she has I will be willing to bet it will happen lots more. They had a blast! The thing about going into the woods hunting and picking blackberrys is of course, chiggars! My only way of not being over taken by them is to spray down with lots and lots of deet and this. As soon as you get home get rinsed off. I never have gotten into a bath before picking but they thought it was all the same and i just thought it was a great picture so we let them.


THis is the product of blackberry picking! No we dont hunt and bathe in bug spray and shower imediately after returning home just to sit and eat them. We made blackberry jelly. I got to introduce my friend from way out west to some southern delights. They had a blaast and got something out of it too. I believe it is a good thing to show our children how to be resourseful and to enjoy Gods little wonders.

The latest update is: they are enjoying their jelly and noone has chiggars! We will be doing apple jelly and apple butter next week. I will post on that too.

2 comments:

Kathy & Aaron said...

How fun. Went blackberry picking ourselves a couple of weeks ago. I know the perfect spot, miles and miles of blackberry briars! Ours are in the freezer. We didn't pick quite enough to make jelly or jam. Not sure if we are going back for more for jelly and jam making or if we are just going to save them for blackberry dumplings around Thanksgiving. Yum either way!

kassy's life said...

yes that was lots of fun! we will be doing that again!!! love the post... luv ya

kassy