CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My life! (this month)

So yes I have been reading alot and...Soccer, Girl Scouts, Bible Study, mom, wife...ect. As for soccer, we have a child on our team that I am certian will one day be payed to play. That leaves us with a very exciting winning streak. Now, just so you all know, I think there is very little(outside of being unruly) that could make me think any less than that my child is the very BEST! However, she is not the child on our team who will one day be a pro soccer player. I have had to accept that she is not the only kid on earth who can do well and that by only encouraging her to try her best will I fully make her reach her highest standards. The kid I am referiing to is a great kid and though I am totally stoked to see such tallent, I am equally proud that my child is just as good at being a team player and allowing herself to help this player out on the field. Whether it be to defend the other goal or pass the ball because she is sure he can put it in it.
Girl Scouts!!! wow thats somthing else all together. I originally started GS to spend quality, constructive time with Shy and her friends all while she learns some very important qualities about being a female and a friend. What it has become is me having to push her away most of the time to get finished with the technicalities of being the "Leader". So, Im not sure if or how GS will play a part in our future. Its been a long troop year and at this point I am looking forward to it being done.
READING!!!! This has become my very passion. I am so new still at this and I am still learning to prioritize correctly but I am so sucked into the books I am reading that I dont really even care about doing the other things that used to tie up my time. For instance: I havent see one full episode of "HouseMD, Grey's Anatomy", or anything els in so long, Im not even sure whats going on. Even the www. I havent been on more than 3 times a week in a few months. Thats fine with me though. I am learning so much about the things that make up my world: God, Family, friends ect. I wanted to actually look up the little pictures of the books I have read and post them on here but, I am to a really good part in my newest series of books that I just dont have time! IRONIC HUH? All this is thanks to my bff who has read a book a week since before she was 10. Thanks Kathy, really!
Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

{Blushing} I don't really know if it is actually "a book a week since before I was ten" but I do read a lot. Thanks to a mom that shared her love of reading with me. Maybe one day Shy will say the same of you.

Just finished all that I am willing to read of Stephenie Myer's Twilight seris. BARF! What a waste of time. And now am on to some good romance with Susan Elizabeth Phillips' What I Did for Love. It is good and going fast so next in line is Homer Hickam's Red Helmet which might be something that will interest you. I let you know in a couple of days if you too should add it to your list.

Kathy