CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

An Epiphany!

I have been reading!!! Yeah Yeah, you knew that. Anyways the series I have been reading has given me a glimpse into some things I have thought but never knew how to say. I guess thats why I am so into these books. Anyways, my point is that through out this series, I have found ways to search the bible for what I am looking for. I felt really at peace with what I have found and am very greatful for the privalege to experience true peace at times when the story goes to refrence about God's peace. Its like I was feeling his presence too. So, last Sunday I was sitting at church and our pastor gave his scripture and so I grabbed my Bible and highlighter and followed along. Much to my surprise, he began to read and it hit me like a ton of lead. This is what I have never found in God's word. I have always believed this saying but never knew where to find it in the bible. The saying is this "Sometimes, the worst sinner makes the best Christan". I have believed that only through wittnessing it personally. I look at it as God's way of being "real" to me. Id like to sare that scripture with you.
St. Luke Ch 7 vs.41-43 " There was a certian creditor which had two debtors: the one owed him five hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most..."
So there I am wondering how one person can live all their life believing in God and playing the part of being a good christian, who is always the first to judge, be unforgiving and stir strife between other christans, and here it is in black and white and red. Its Jesus talking and showing us that the ones who have sinned more are the one who are more greatful for having been forgiven.
Now by no means am I saying that we should all give ourselves a trip "around the block", just maybe we should try to consider the next time you see your sister or brother in Christ struggling, we should tell God on them instead of telling others or maybe we should extend grace to them insted of standing and talking about them and if we see our church family breaking down try to stand in the gaps and make a hedge of protection for them. This all comes with having a relationship with Christ. We all know a realtionship is two sided and sometimes we have to talk to Him and tell Him about our struggles... and sometimes we have to listen to what He is telling us. I just had to share this with all the people I care for. I hope it touches and teaches you all just as it did me.

0 comments: